Bob Howe - Designer
- 17 years experience using AutoCad software including 3D modeling with AutoSolids and rendering
with Accurender ray-tracing software.
- Product design including fabric patterning, plastic and aluminum component design, labeling and
- Years of experience working with contract shops in China, Korea and elsewhere providing specs and
assembly guides for products.
- In depth experience in Intellectual Property issues including litigation experience as an expert witness.
2005 Award for Sierra Designs Drizone Sleeping Bags
- 35 years designing including both in-house and contract design for virtually all of the major companies
in the Outdoor/Camping Industry. Clients include The North Face, Sierra Designs, Marmot, REI,
Trailwise, Montbell, Early Winters, Caribou Mountaineering, Mark Pack Works, WindWing Designs, and
- Designs include tents, packs, luggage, sleeping bags, accessories and components.
- 12 US Patents
- BackPacker Magazine “Editor’s Choice” Awards -
2004 Award for the Sierra Design’s Lightning Tent
2001 Gold Award for the Sierra Designs Meteorlight CD Tent
- Numerous media articles including The New York Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Popular
Mechanics Magazine and Time Life Series-Structure.
- Exhibits at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn MI.